Tuesday, November 24, 2009

oops!! ( driving, while teaching)

It was friday afternoon, I had just finished a long week of teaching and faking and I was looking forward to a nice long weekend of vegging and just being. I'd always take off my suit right away, get into my pajamas, stack up a huge pile of books and get some good food, get into bed, and try to figure out what the hell was wrong with my life and how I might be able to make it better? My mind was spending time with my hopes, thoughts and worries and suddenly traffic came to a hault faster than I could respond. I tried to get into the right lane to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I saw a truck coming fast in that lane so I quickly went back into the first lane. I hit the car in front of me as the truck plowed straight into the side of my precious Toyota Tercel. It's quality steel just gave way to the force of the truck. Glass and grapejuice went flying over my head. I knew something had gone terribly wrong, but I got comfort from the fact that my mind was being called back into the present. I had to think. How do I clean up this mess? I jumped out of the car. I was shocked. I was fine. My body, was intact, it was absolutely fine. It was nice to know that. I just stood staring at my car, I couldn't believe what a mess, it was and how I could possibly be OK.